The following videos walk through the process of migrating a Cornerstone MFT server to a new machine.
The basic process is:
1) Backup the Windows Registry data
2) Backup the Sql Server Data
3) Backup the User data and Security data
4) Move backups to UNC or other neutral location for use on the new computer or VM.
5) Install Cornerstone on the new machine
6) Stop the Cornerstone service
7) Restore the Registry and Sql Server data
8) Restore the User and Security data
9) Restart the Cornerstone service