Windows Zip folders is a shell extension that allows you to examine the contents of zipped files from explorer by clicking on them. This may cause issues in WebDrive with zip files downloading. To disable this functionality in Windows 7 or later please follow these instructions.
Open Registry Editor (go to Start Menu -> Run and type "regedit").
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID and perform steps 3-7 for each of the two keys:
- Right-click on the key and select “Permissions…”. Click “Advanced” and then the “Owner” tab.
- Select your username from the list.
- Check the box next to “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”. Click “OK”.
- In the “Security” tab, select your username and grant Full Control. (If your username is not there, click “Add…”, type your username, then click “Check Names” and “OK”.) Click “OK” to apply the permissions settings.
- Rename the registry key to something else so you can restore it later if you wish.
- Restart Windows and enjoy a life free from zip folders!