If the certificate you receive from your Root CA requires an Intermediate CA certificate (chain certificate), it needs to be imported into the server's certificate store in the following manner:
- Launch MMC (Microsoft Management Console) from the Windows menu
- Click File, Add/Remove Snap-in
- Click Add, highlight Certificates and click Add
- Select "Computer Account" and click Next - especially important if the SRT product is running as localsystem.
- Select "Local Computer: (the computer this console is running on), click Finish
- Close, Ok
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer)
- Click Intermediate Certificate Authorities, Certificates
- Right click in the list, choose All Tasks, Import
- Point to the intermediate certificate, click Next
- Select "Place all certificates in the following store (Intermediate Certification Authorities should be displayed), click Next, Finish, Ok.
The intermediate certificate is now imported. You can also use the same technique to import Trusted Root Certificates (if required).