If you receive the following error when you are trying to import SSH-KEYGEN host key pairs into Cornerstone/Titan Server:
there are two options to fix this issue. This problem most commonly occurs when you are using Linux.
Option #1, Performed on the client:
- Download Puttygen, available for download at http://www.putty.nl/download.html
- Run Puttygen. Select Conversions>Import Key.
- Select the Private Key and click Open.
- Enter the password for the Public Key and click Save Public Key.
- Send the public key file to the Server Administrator to import into Cornerstone Server.
If you have created a OpenSSH key pair with the ssh-keygen command, you can use the following command to create a usable public key:
ssh-keygen -e -f >
ssh-keygen -e -f $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa > $HOME/.ssh/SSH_dsa.pub
This command will read the private key and generate a public key that can be used by Cornerstone/Titan Server.