Start a new topic
Answered

How many connections can Titan FTP support at one time?

I have two titan ftp servers, but in terms of how scalable this is I'm not sure. What is the maximum amount of connections a titan ftp server can support at one time. I see that I can change the number in the connection settings, but what is the default amount?

Best Answer

Hi Trevor,

We have stress tests we routinely run on the server and have seen no performance issues even after thousands of concurrent connections. Our server is based on a multi-threaded I/O completion port model so multiple threads can handle virtually an unlimited number of connections. This is based on memory though as each connection typically uses a few K of memory so as the number of connections increases, you'll need to ensure your VM can support them.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Trevor,

We have stress tests we routinely run on the server and have seen no performance issues even after thousands of concurrent connections. Our server is based on a multi-threaded I/O completion port model so multiple threads can handle virtually an unlimited number of connections. This is based on memory though as each connection typically uses a few K of memory so as the number of connections increases, you'll need to ensure your VM can support them.

Login or Signup to post a comment
© 2016 South River Technologies®, Inc. - All Rights Reserved